Do you charge a registration fee?
Yes, we charge a 25.00 dollar non-refundable registration fee when you register for your first program in a given calendar year.
What is your cancellation & rescheduling policy?
We know that emergencies come up and illnesses occur, so we do our best to accommodate these situations. There is no charge to add sessions to your registration or to change from one session to another as long as there is space available in the program you want to add/change. Cancelling your initial session within 14 days of the start date or after the session begins gives a 50% credit for unused days to be used towards another Renaissance Adventures program. If we fill your child’s spot, we will issue a full credit to your child’s account for unused days that you can apply towards another Renaissance Adventures program. All credits expire one year from the date of issue.
Can I register my child at the last minute (i.e. the weekend before a program begins)?
While we do our best to accommodate last minute registrations, we cannot guarantee that there will be space available. It is best not to show up at the site on Monday morning expecting there to be space available. To register at the last minute (defined as the Friday before a program begins), you must do the following:
- Call the office and leave a detailed message with:
- your child’s name and age
- the location and type of program you want to register for
- your name and contact information
- Email us the same information
We will contact you before 9pm Sunday evening to inform you if we have a spot for your child. Payment is expected at this time. If this is the first time you are attending our program then you will need to register your child online prior to the start of camp so that we have the proper documentation to give to the Quest Leader.
Do you offer discounts?
Absolutely! We offer several standard discounts as shown, and at times we offer discounts through online coupon sites and camp directories. Discounts are calculated for week-long programs, but we also pro-rate them for 3- and 4- day programs. The discount amounts shown below are for five-day programs, so keep this in mind when you register. Other restrictions may apply.
- First Time Discount – Get 75.00 dollars off your first five-day quest! This discount is available only during the first week-long Griffon or Dragon program that your child registers for and participates in. Unfortunately this discount cannot be combined with any online coupons or other “new client” offers or promotions. First-time discounts are available for 3- and 4-day programs, but the discount is pro-rated.
- Early Bird Discount – Register by April 1st and receive 15.00 dollars off each quest that you register for. Early Bird discounts are available for 3- and 4-day programs, but the discount is pro-rated.
- Sibling Discount - Each sibling receives 15.00 dollars off, per program, as long as they register the same week. They do not need to register for the same program (one sibling can register for Griffon, and one for Dragon). Sibling discounts are available for 3- and 4-day programs, but the discount is pro-rated.
- Multisession Discount – Register for several quests at once to get these great deals:
- Three (3) five-day summer quests: 25.00 dollars off the third quest plus a free t-shirt
- Six (6) five-day summer quests: Get the three-session discount, plus 50.00 dollars off the sixth quest and a free Game Book
- Nine (9) five-day summer quests: Get the three- and six-session discounts above, plus 75.00 dollars off the ninth quest and an arming sword or hand axe swasher
Friendship Credit – Refer a friend who has never quested with Renaissance Adventures before and you receive a 15.00 dollar credit after that friend attends one of our four- or five-day programs. Your friend will also qualify for the First Time Discount. Remember to tell your friend to name you when they say how they heard about Renaissance Adventures.
Do You Offer Scholarships or Financial Aid?
We do our best to make our program to those in financial need. We offer discounts, work-in-trade, and payment plans. If you want to register for our program and need financial aid, then please contact us at the office and we will be happy to explore available options.
How Do I Use the Online Voucher That I Purchased (Groupon, Daily Deal, etc.)?
Register online via our online registration system. When you get to the payment screen, you can choose to pay the balance by credit card or check. If you choose credit card, enter your information as requested. The total will not reflect the credit from the voucher and your credit card is not charged when you register. Payment is processed in the office only after your child's information is downloaded into our database. At that point, your voucher will be applied and your discounted total will be charged.
I forgot my online username and/or password. What do I do?
Email us at Programs@Renaissance Adventures.com. We can send you your user name as well as a link that will let you reset your password.
Can my five-year old attend? Our summer quests and regularly scheduled programs are not open to five year-olds for various reasons:
- Younger children often have difficulty understanding safety protocols while playing with our Swashers™
- There are issues of size that can make it difficult for younger (smaller) children to "compete" in swordplay with the older (larger) children
- We find that children under six have a much shorter attention span, so the quest may not hold their interest for as long as it needs to and therefore they may distract the other children by becoming distant.
- Our quest leaders base the questing challenges on age appropriateness and cognitive ability and can find it challenging to offer riddles and puzzles that can be solved by a significantly younger child.
We offer birthday parties for five-year olds, and can create special programs for your five-year old and their friends as long as additional parents or other adults are there to assist the Quest Leader with safety.
Can my six- or seven-year old attend the full-day Dragon Quests?
Most 6-7 year olds don’t have the endurance to last all day long in our quests. Trust us – we’ve tried this with even the most enthusiastic of the younger Questers. However, we often recommend that the parents hire one of our half-day Quest Leaders to babysit a half-day Griffon Quester. If you would like assistance finding someone to help with care after our programs, please let us know!
Can my younger sibling/friend quest with an older sibling/friend?
We don’t allow younger children to quest with a group of older kids, but rather the older child can quest with a younger group.
Do you have before- or after-care?
No, but we can give you a recommendation on getting one of our awesome Quest Leaders to babysit before or after the program. Please know that, despite Renaissance Adventures providing you with names and /or numbers, this option is arranged between you and the quest leader without any connection with our program.
We also offer Afternoon Games Club during most of our summer sessions. Check our registration for details.
Can I drop off my child early?
Yes and no. If you are comfortable leaving your child alone to sign in and out on his/her own, then you may do so as long as you fill out that option on the registration form. Unfortunately our Quest Leaders are not available to care for your child/ren before the designated start time.
Can I pick up my child early from a quest?
While it is certainly okay for occasional needs, we recommend that the child stay for the entire day and for the entire week that the quest is happening. Remember, Adventure Quest is an interactive story. Missing a few hours will mean that the Quester is out of the story for some time, missing out on crucial decisions! But then again, we all need to visit the doctor or dentist now and then… Click here to see all our FAQs